Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Author and Researcher Impact
Broadening Your Research Impact
Lists of "Quality" Journals
A few lists of best/top/quality journals in a given field. The Library does not endorse these recommendations but provides them as an aid to identifying appropriate journal titles:
- "Impact, not Impact Factor," by Inder M. Verma, PNAS: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, v112 n26, June 30 2015
- "Using Scholarcheck Metrics to Track Trends in Legal Research," Shannon Sabo, HeinOnline, May 28, 2015
- "How well developed are altmetrics? A cross-disciplinary analysis of the presence of ‘alternative metrics’ in scientific publications," by Zohreh Zahedi, Rodrigo Costas, and Paul Wouters, Scientometrics, v101 n2, Nov 2014
- "From Bibliometrics to Altmetrics," by Robin Chin Roemer and Rachel Borchardt, College & Research Libraries News, Nov 2012
- "What will the scholarly profile page of the future look like? Provision of metadata is enabling experimentation." by Lambert Heller. LSE "The Impact Blog," July 2015.
- "Network-based Citation Metrics: Eigenfactor vs. SJR" by Phil Davies. The Scholarly Kitchen, July 28 2015.