Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Simmons OneView?
Simmons OneView (formerly known as Choices 3) provides U.S. consumer data on product and brand usage, spending behavior, media habits, and more. Use it to create customized reports analyzing the demographic and psychographic characteristics of product users and their media behavior.
The data comes from the Simmons National Consumer Study (NCS), which is sent out to samples of the U.S. population several times a year. The most recent year’s survey is the default base population.
What is the data used for?
- marketing strategy : determine the target consumer group for a product
- advertising strategy: where is the best place to advertise to reach my target audience?
- product potential: how many people buy product X? who are they?
- statistics and data: how many people in the sample read magazine X? Who are they? how many people have habit Y?
There are many ways you can use this software to find relationships among variables.
Find Simmons OneView
Once in the database, click on crosstab at the top of the screen.
- Go to the Databases by Subject Area and A - Z page
- Click on the light blue 'S' tab.
- On the next page, scroll down to Simmons OneView , and click on the database name to open it.
- Once in the database, click on crosstab at the top of the screen.