1. Beijing Academy of Social Sciences (北京市社会科学院) -Beijing Academy of Social Sciences is a synthetic research institution that is under the leadership of Beijing Communist Party Committee and the municipality. It grew out of Beijing Research Institute of Social sciences,which was established in August 1978,and in January 1986,the Institute was changed into an academy. The Aacademy's job is to study economics,politics,culture,social coordinated development,and the long-term strategy planning of the capital.
2. Center for Contemporary International Relations (CICIR) (中国现代国际关系研究院) - China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations (CICIR) is a comprehensive research institution for international studies. In compliance with the directive of the State Council to set up a series of new institutions for international studies, the predecessor, China Institute of Contemporary International Relations, announced its official establishment in 1980. In 2003, the Institute was renamed and upgraded to China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations. CICIR consists of 11 institutes, 2 research divisions under direct supervision of CICIR leaders, 8 research centers and several administrative departments, e.g. the President’s Office. CICIR has now a staff of 380, including researchers, administrative and logistic personnel, among whom 150 are research professors or associate research professors.
3. Center of Contemporary International Relations Studies (吉林大学于当代国际关系研究中心) - With the deepening of the globalization progress, the development of contemporary international relations has been in the spotlight that receives wide attention from more and more people. In view of this new situation, Center of Contemporary International Relations Studies (CIRS) was initiated by
4. China Institute for International Studies (CIIS) (中国国际问题研究所) - CIIS conducts research on international issues to serve China's diplomacy. CIIS was established on November 25, 1956.Successive presidents of the Institute includeMeng Yongqian, Yao Zhongming, Li Huichuan, Zheng Weizhi, Wang Shu, Du Gong, Yang Chengxu, Song Mingjiang.The current president is Ma Zhengang.The Institute consists of seven research divisions:International Politics, World Economy, American Studies, Asian-Pacific Studies, Western European Studies, South Asian, Middle Eastern and African Studies, and East European, Central Asian and Russian Studies.CIIS has an editorial board and its own library and Information center.The staff of CIIS consists of senior diplomats, leading area-study specialists and preeminent experts in major fields of foreign affairs.Young scholars at CIIS all have advanced university degrees in international relations or related disciplines.
5. Chinese People's Institute of Foreign Affairs (中国人民外交学会) - The Chinese People's Institute of Foreign Affairs initiated by the late Premier Zhou Enlai, in December 1949 established China's first institution dedicated to people's diplomacy. Premier Zhou Enlai during his lifetime has been serving as the honorary president of the
6. Shanghai Institute for International Studies (SIIS) (上海国际问题研究院) - Founded in 1960, Shanghai Institutes for International Studies (SIIS) is a comprehensive research organization for studies of international politics, economy, security strategy and China's external relations. The SIIS is dedicated to serving for
7. The World and China Institute (世界与中国研究所) - The World and China Institute (WCI), founded in Beijing in 1994, is an independent non-government, non-profit research institute, dedicating to the mutual understanding of the world and China. The founders of WCI consisted of scholars, bureaucrats, policy analysts and entrepreneurs from various universities, research institutes, government units and private companies. Most of them have been very active, both in domestic and international contexts, since the very beginning of the reform and openness of