GIS searches image titles and context words to find results. Generally the more search words you use, the more likely you are to find what you are looking for. Use the Advanced Image Search to refine your results, or use the filters along the left-hand side of the results page.
- Sort By subject to organize your results by subject. You can click on the subject link to narrow your search to the specific subject.
- Choose Show sizes to see the digital image size in the lower right corner of each image, or limit your search to a specific image size.
- Limit your results to Photo (this option has unven results).
- Limit results to Full color or Black and white.
- Limit results to the Past week to find the most recent photos.
- Advanced Image Search also allows you to specify file type, usage rights, and region of publication.